- Manages to be informative about social media while retaining a light touch and friendly style
- Covers the major social networking applications of Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and blogs
- Addresses the most common concerns about privacy and use by younger family members
What the heck is Facebook? Twitter? Blogging? This book answers these questions and explains how to use a variety of social networking sites to keep in touch, stay in business, and have fun.
This book covers the main social networking “spaces,” and introduces some of the ways people are enjoying them within a family or business context. It includes information on posting pictures, using add-ons, and working with Facebook and LinkedIn groups. It also covers the phenomenon of Twitter, including how it has grown and the road ahead.
This book also covers how you can use the various networks together, such as sending a Twitter message that updates your Facebook status, or exporting your LinkedIn contact list and using it to invite people to Facebook. It also includes discussion of how to use social networks for both personal and business use, and how to keep them separate.
- • How to use Facebook, Twitter, and other social networking sites for family, friends, and business
- • How to make your sites talk to each other
- • How to make the most of social networking and stay out of trouble
- What you’ll learn
- • Learn why people have been flocking to these social media sites.
- • Discover how these sites can help you communicate with friends and family.
- • Put that digital camera to use with Facebook and Flickr photo albums and Twitpics.
- • Learn how you can use these sites to promote your business.
- • Learn how to keep your business and personal life separate online.
- • Learn how you can do all this while staying safe online.
- Who this book is for
Social Networking Spaces is for anyone wondering how social networking works, and how to use it to stay in touch, make friends and business contacts, and build an online presence.